This statement outlines the Nifnex policy on how Nifnex will manage the personal information it holds about our Users
and others. It applies to all Nifnex business within Australia and New Zealand, including persons using the Nifnex
- THE LAW
Nifnex respects the confidentiality of information and the privacy of persons. It is bound by the National Privacy
Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and by the Information Privacy Principles
contained in the Privacy Act 1993 of New Zealand.
appropriate to the changing Australian and New Zealand environment. Any information Nifnex holds will be
- Nifnex agrees to use its best efforts to ensure that the information Users submit to it remains private, and is
used only for the purpose to which Users agree.
- Nifnex is committed to being open about how it uses and stores User's personal information. Where Nifnex
seeks personal information from a User, it will usually state the purpose for its use and to whom it is likely to
- Personal information that Nifnex collects and holds may generally fall into the following groups:
- information submitted and obtained from each User seeking employment and other sources in
connection with applications for work;
- work performance information;
- information about incidents in the workplace;
- staff and business information;
- information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other
- information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
- WEBSITE INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Generally, Nifnex gathers information about all its website users, such as what areas Users visit more
frequently and what services Users access the most. Nifnex will only use this data and information
anonymously and in the aggregate. The data and information helps Nifnex determine what is most
beneficial for its Users and how it may create a better overall website experience its Users.
- In some instances Nifnex may need specific information about Users, for example their name,
address, email address, telephone number, etc. Nifnex will collect this information if, for example,
Users upload their information onto the Nifnex website, apply for a job or sign up for a service via our
website. Nifnex may also ask Users for other information for example the types of jobs Users are
interested in and User workplace issues in order to provide Users with the best possible service and
- WHY NIFNEX COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nifnex collects and holds personal information for reasons which include:
- to assist Users in accessing and using the Nifnex services including to promote candidates to potential employers
and to provide potential employers with access to candidates;
- for employment guidance and management;
- to enable Nifnex consultants to better service User's employment needs;
- to identify any training requirements;
- to enable Nifnex to understand User needs; and
- to inform Users of events, services and possible candidate opportunities.
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- In Australia 'Sensitive information' is a special category of personal information under the Privacy Act
1988 (Cth). It is information or opinion about Users, including membership of a professional or trade association or
membership of a trade union; criminal record; health or disability, etc.
- Sensitive information, can, in most cases, only be disclosed with User consent.
- Nifnex may disclose User's personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related
secondary purpose and in some cases Nifnex may only disclose information with User consent.
- Nifnex does not disclose information about a User's individual visits to the Nifnex website or personal
information that Users provide, for example User name, address, email address, telephone number etc, to any
third persons, except Nifnex believes it is under a lawful duty to do so.
- By registering with Nifnex all Users agree to their personal information being forwarded to our offices, and
possibly to employers, in countries in which Nifnex has offices or affiliate offices.
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Nifnex provides its staff with training with respect the confidentiality of User information and the privacy of
Users and treats any breach of a User's privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action
being taken dependent upon the severity of the breach.
- Nifnex has appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that its management of personal information is in accordance
with this statement and the relevant Privacy Acts.
- STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- Safeguarding the privacy of User information is important to Nifnex whether Users interact with Nifnex
employees personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or by any other electronic medium.
- Nifnex hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files
and other records and take steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised
access, modification or disclosure.
- Nifnex may need to maintain records for a significant period of time but when it considers the information is
no longer required it will remove any details that will identify Users or it will securely destroy the records.
- UPDATING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Users have the responsibility to ensure that the personal information the User provides to Nifnex is accurate and
up to date. Nifnex appreciates that information changes over time and so Users should regularly update their
information on the Nifnex website. Please advise User consultant when User personal details change.
- If a User has created a profile with Nifnex through the Nifnex website, Users are able to update or delete their
personal information. The instructions on how to do this are on the Nifnex website.
- ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
Phone 1300 NIFNEX (1300 643 639)
Post PO Box 1186, Technology Park,
Bentley, Western Australia, 6983
- If a User is not satisfied with Nifnex's response to the Users complaint, the User may contact the Office of the
Federal Privacy Commissioner.
- Subject to some exceptions that are set out in both the Australian National Privacy Principles and the New
Zealand Information Privacy Principles, Users can gain access to their personal information that Nifnex holds
about the User.
- Nifnex will refuse access to information if providing access would interfere with the privacy rights of other
persons or if Nifnex would breach any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
- To request access a User should complete an application form verifying User's identity and specifying what
information the User requires. User's may contact the Nifnex Privacy Officer for an application form.
- Nifnex may impose a reasonable charge in providing information access. The Nifnex Privacy Officer will
discuss this with Users.
- Users should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process User's application for access as there may be
a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may
Nifnex may have several areas on its website where Users may submit feedback. All comments that are submitted this
way become the property of Nifnex and Nifnex may use the comments, for example success stories or responses to
surveys, for marketing purposes, or to contact Users for further comments on the Nifnex website.
always know what information it collects, how it may use that information and whether it will disclose the information
e-mail the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.